The OSCE mission in Donbass: another attacks and restrict access
After the death in the Donbass citizen of the United States from the composition of the observation mission of the OSCE two weeks ago, other observers continue to be in danger, intimidation and restriction of activity by Pro-Russian forces.
This was stated by attorneys temporarily in the Affairs of the U.S. mission to the OSCE Kate Byrnes writes UKRINFORM.
“Over the past week, the life of the SMM monitors were again in serious danger. So, on April 28, an explosion occurred in the air at a distance of from 50 to 100 meters from the position of the CMM near the contact line in the zone in Luhansk, which is controlled by Russian-led separatist forces,” – said the representative of the United States.
The same day, in the village of Steep Mountain, occupied by Pro-Russian forces, observers recorded breaks of bullets in the 50-meters from their place of residence. Shots were fired from the positions of the so-called “LNR”.
Burns said that such incidents are unacceptable, and all forces should immediately take measures to ensure the security of the staff of the observation mission.
Also, according to her, only last week a joint Russian-separatist forces have restricted the access to the observation mission 13 times.
The U.S. representative said that Russia refused to support a statement regarding the conviction of attempted harassment or intimidation of observers SMM, as well as provide them access on all territory of Ukraine without interference.
The media published a video of the moment of the explosion of a car of the OSCE in Luhansk
We will remind, on April 23, in the explosion of the car of the OSCE near Prishib village in the occupied territory of the Luhansk region killed one member of the mission, two more got wounds. The mission said that six patrol moved in two armoured vehicles when the explosion occurred.
People’s Deputy of Ukraine and member of the Board of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Ukraine Anton Gerashchenko said that the deceased was a citizen of great Britain Joseph stone. Agency Reuters citing the Austrian foreign Ministry reported that the victim worker, the OSCE was a U.S. citizen.
Also the explosion was shell-shocked citizen of Germany IVA Hneln. She was taken to a hospital in Lugansk, where she was provided medical assistance.
In turn, the first Deputy Chairman of the OSCE SMM Alexander hug believes that blowing up a patrol of the OSCE SMM in non-government controlled part of the Luhansk region on April 23 was not an accident, because cars were driving on the route, which was driving yesterday, besides the tragedy occurred on the road where they passed two hours earlier.