Berlin and Paris put forward the conditions for the implementation of the “Minsk process”. A detailed list
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and President of France Emmanuel macron on Monday evening, July 24, issued a joint statement following a telephone conversation leaders “channel four”.
A statement published on the website of the German government. In it, in particular, lists the immediate steps, which agreed the leaders of the four countries to advance the process of political and diplomatic settlement in the Donbass.
“Norman four” agreed to call later and called for a cease-fire in the Donbass
Such steps include the following:
– the immediate cessation of violations of the truce;
– measures which would help to avoid damage to civilian infrastructure and, thus, to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe in the Donbas;
– the priority of the withdrawal of heavy weapons from the demarcation line in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Minsk agreements;
– the need to provide the members of the Special OSCE monitoring mission (OSCE SMM) unhindered access to all areas in the Donbass, including that controlled by the Ukrainian government sections of the Ukrainian-Russian border;
– measures to restore economic cooperation between the uncontrolled Ukrainian authorities territories and the rest of Ukraine.
Details of the recovery mechanisms of economic relations should be considered in the near future, according to the statement;
– Angela Merkel and Emmanuel macron called for reciprocal steps that would enable the end of the year to resume the exchange of prisoners by the formula “all for all”. The statement also notes that the advisers of heads of state and government of the countries of the “Normandy four” to meet in the next month, followed by another conference call Merkel, Macron, Poroshenko and Putin.
Recall the telephone conversations of leaders of “Norman Quartet” were the first, in which took part the President of France macron. The conversation lasted about two hours.
The interlocutors also heard the report of the Chairman of the Special monitoring mission (SMM) of the OSCE in Ukraine Ertugrul Apakan and his Deputy Alexander Guga.
Video”the Ukraine” not to be: the leaders of the “Normandy four” held a regular telephone conversations