Klimkin responded to the article by the NYT about “Ukrainian trace” in North Korea’s missile
The Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin sent a letter to the editor of the American edition of The New York Times which had earlier published an article about the alleged possible use Ukrainian engines in ballistic missiles of the DPRK.
The official said that concerned about the figures published in the material without evidence.
“As the Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine, and also prepared aerofest, I want to say that my country could not participate in assisting the missile programs of North Korea,” – said Klimkin in a letter published on the newspaper’s website.
The defense Ministry commented on the scandal of the engines for the DPRK
The foreign Minister noted that the lines for the construction of rockets RD-250 in Ukraine were decommissioned in 1992, and the instructions for the production of missiles under high protection and the protection of the security forces.
Klimkin also expressed doubt that North Korea could carry out a successful missile launches.
“But I doubt that North Korea could achieve what she did without help. The global community must now meet to conduct an international investigation to know who is responsible for this”, – stated in the text of the letter.
The DPRK can develop rocket engines without imports from Ukraine or Russia – US intelligence
We will remind, on August 14, the American edition of the New York Times, citing expert analysis and assessment by American intelligence agencies reported that the success of North Korea testing Intercontinental ballistic missiles became possible due to the acquisition of powerful rocket engines on the black market, most likely from the Ukrainian plant.
NSDC Secretary Oleksandr Turchynov said that the Ukrainian enterprises of the defense and aerospace complex did not supply weapons and military technology to North Korea.
Videoamerican media admit that the Ukrainians make engines for North Korean missiles
14 Aug, 20:05
The Ukrainian company “Pivdenmash” said a New York Times article is provocative and added that the facts presented in the publication are untrue. In particular, “Yuzhmash” is not a major producer of missiles for the Russian Federation and do not deliver to Russia or missiles or their parts and Assembly units, including rocket engines, and is irrelevant to the missile programs of the DPRK.
Expert Michael Elman, on the basis of the words of which were written in the article stressed that does not believe that the Ukrainian authorities knew or contributed to the fact that the engines come from Ukraine.
“Baseless fake” a missile launch by the DPRK with the help of Ukrainian engines and called the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.
Priznaytes to TSN from Viber that atribuite
nivalis news just the messenger!