The OSCE has reported on the escalation of the conflict in the Donbas
The OSCE has recorded an increase in the number of attacks and the aggravation of the situation in the zone of ATO in the Donbass, said during a briefing in Ukrainian crisis media center, first Deputy chief monitor in Ukraine, Alexander hug.
According to him, only last week the ceasefire was violated 6.5 thousand times.
“We have recorded more than 6.5 thousand violations of the cease-fire. It is more than 70% higher than in the previous period,” he said.
Also, the observers counted 370 cases of use of prohibited weapons in the period from 8 to 14 January, while in the first week of the month, there were only six.
“Numbers cannot convey all that is happening there. How many cases of breaking the silence, we have not fixed, the conflict will not subside. Violence has become an integral part of the lives of people who live there”, – he added.
A day without violations. OSCE declares about the beginning phase of escalation in the zone of ATO
We will remind, in the morning it was reported that in Kramatorsk, Donetsk region died observer from OSCE. Car in which he was riding skidded on the slippery road and drove in the “Gazelle”. The man flew through the rear window and died on the spot.
Video settings the OSCE called for the observance of the ceasefire after the exchange of prisoners
In Europe, they say that we must continue to move towards resolution of the conflict in the East. And the Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel and President of France Emmanuel Makron in a joint statement called for the release of all prisoners who still remain in captivity. Negotiations on the second phase of exchange of prisoners of Ukraine is in two weeks.
December 28, 2017, 12:29
Saw a bug — Ctrl+Enter
Letter to the editor
Leave your comment
Leave your comment