Criticism of Russia and gratitude to the Crimean people. The main points of the interrogation Poroshenko in the case of high treason Yanukovych
On 21 February President Petro Poroshenko was questioned as a witness in the case of treason Viktor Yanukovych via a video link.
The questioning of Poroshenko in the case of high treason Yanukovych. A text stream
It considers the Obolonskiy district court of Kiev. The interrogation began at about 14 hours of the day. Poroshenko testified from the premises of the presidential Administration. He explained that has diplomatic immunity.
The Lawyers Of Yanukovych
The interrogation was to last till about 15:30, but the referee had to stop it because most of the issues the defense did not concern the criminal case, which considers the court. Defense attorneys did not respond to numerous comments of the judge, arguing that the court deliberately does not allow them to ask questions.
Videobritney aggressor: Poroshenko signed a Law on de-occupation of Donbass
The Verkhovna Rada adopted the law about a month ago, and now the President has put under his signature. The legislation recognized that Russia is the aggressor, and that it has a moral and material responsibility for the annexation of Crimea and occupation of Donbas.
The questions against which objected to the prosecutors and rejected the judge concerned the interpretation of the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, in particular concerning the grounds for termination of powers of the President how long the President should be absent in the country, so it could be called disengagement, and the like.
The judge rejected about ten questions by the defense, after which Poroshenko still took the floor and commented on them thus:
“I stress that the right of interpretation of laws has not the President, not the defense and not the Prosecutor, and constitutional court only. If you believe that your rights have been violated, contact as citizens, and the new constitutional court will review your appeal. Or MPs can turn to. This is not the competence of the President. I will not break the law and to interpret, because it is not within the powers of presidident”.
However since the beginning of the interrogation, the President was able to answer a few questions of the defence of Yanukovych.
TSN.ia collected the main thesis of the interrogation of Petro Poroshenko.
– At the time of the events I was familiar with Viktor Yanukovych. I had different relationships with Yanukovych.
– February 27, 2014 in the office of the head of the Verkhovna Rada Oleksandr Turchynov I made a proposal to immediately give me instructions to hold talks with deputies of the Supreme Council of Crimea in order to stop the destructive process that began with an attempt to make the illegal referendum.
Poroshenko explained why the person did not attend the interrogation in the case of Yanukovych
– After receiving his Commission, I immediately went to the Crimea. After receiving information that the Simferopol already blocked by the troops and people in plain clothes and that I will have difficulties to get to Simferopol, I decided that pozdki to be held. Arriving in Simferopol, I saw a blocked airport.
– I tried to stop, a scuffle ensued. I broke through the cordon. And when it came to cameras and journalists, these unknown afraid to marry me.
– I made a statement, whose meaning lies in the fact that Crimea is Ukrainian, we must do everything in order not to allow provocations. We are ready to establish a working group of deputies of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and Parliament of the Crimea to decide all questions that may be on the agenda of the day. To this end, I phoned the Chairman of the Crimean Parliament Konstantinov and agreed to meet.
Videoporoshenko with US special envoy Kurt Volker discussed the introduction of peacekeepers
Peacekeepers in the Donbas – on the eve of the speech went at the meeting of President Poroshenko with the US special envoy Kurt Volker. In Kiev, he came on the eve of scheduled meetings with Russian presidential aide Surkov. During negotiations a priority recognised permanent cease-fire, the withdrawal of Ukraine from the Russian occupation troops.
24 Jan, 12:34
– Those persons who I met, I asked him to bring me to the Supreme Council of Crimea. Despite all the obstacles, we were able to get to a distance of 300-400 meters from the square where is situated the Board. Then the car could not pass. I got out of the car and I walked to the Supreme Council. Convinced that the Council was closed, is surrounded by the so-called green men, military regular forces and by persons in camouflage who called themselves the Crimean self-defence, but was coordinated by the officers of the Russian Federation.
The judge in the case – Vladislav Devyatko (first from right)
– When reporters started to shoot me near the empty of the Supreme Council of the Crimea, the command was given to me to block, surround and apply the means of force. Then I headed down another street to his car. I was surrounded by dozens or hundreds of people, some of them were provocature who tried to pressure, threaten. But the part was on my behalf. I believe that was a threat to my life. And I am grateful to those people who protected me. Also there were a few policemen who tried to honestly perform their duties. After traveling about a kilometer, he saw a taxi. I sat down and went to the address where he was scheduled to meet with the Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Crimea.
– According to the airport workers I knew in the airspace are aircraft without identification marks which moved power. This was announced at night when I returned to the airport.
– There seems to be a well-coordinated events in the East of Ukraine – in Donetsk, Lugansk, Kharkov, Zaporozhye, Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa, which continued not only in March, and in April and may.
Videoporoshenko hopes that soon Ukraine will return to the Cathedral
Ukraine learned the lessons of history, learned from the mistakes of the past, and will not allow the enemy to divide it, I am sure Petro Poroshenko. Together with officials, the clergy, the President laid flowers to the monuments of Shevchenko and Hrushevskyi. And opened a thematic exhibition in the Museum of history of Kiev.
January 22, 17:30
– During my stay in Lugansk in April 2014, when I arrived in Lugansk blocked the airport, I was scheduled to meet with the teachers and professors of the national University, which is located near blocked the building of the SBU. Was obstacles. Light was switched off, the young people tried to interrupt the meeting.
I had the intention to visit the border of Ukraine, in particular Izvarino. My car according to assistant was fired. During meetings with residents in Izvarino was a provocation by people who crossed the border from the Russian side. I am grateful to Izvarino. The woman who tried to stop the provocateurs, I had to stand up for her and asked law enforcement authorities to bring to justice those who tried to cause harm.
The case of high treason Yanukovych. Turchinov testified in court almost five hours
– At the result of coordinated actions preserved the integrity of Ukraine, did not give the Pro-Russian separatist Sabbath to kindle a flame in Kharkiv. Unfortunately, there was a tragedy in Odessa.
– I am convinced that no Declaration of the referendum in Crimea did not happen. These manipulations with dates – first may 25, then March 16 – testified to the haste and illegality of Russia’s actions.
The coordination of these steps together with the decision of the President of Russia Vladimir Putin on the use of armed forces outside Russia, an appeal to the Federation Council the approval of the Russian Parliament to use armed forces and a very hasty decision, which was accepted by the Russian Federation Council, is evidence of well-coordinated actions of the Russian Parliament, the Russian President, as well as military personnel and mercenaries, who stayed in Crimea to ensure the illegal annexation. I want to emphasize that victims among Crimean Tatars and Ukrainian soldiers confirm this illegality.
Videossa, hoping to prevent the escalation of the conflict in the Donbass by Ukraine “javelin”
The United States has begun preparing to provide Ukraine with anti-tank missile complexes “javelin”. In an interview with “Radio liberty” said the US special envoy for Ukrainian Affairs Kurt Volker. According to him, Americans and Ukrainians are working together to transport systems and to attract them to work in the Ukrainian army.
January 29, 12:33
– From the point of view of international law Russia had no right to act the way she demonstrated, starting from 20 February 2014. Allow me to disagree with the position that the Russian Federation was recognized as an aggressor only in 2016. If you examine the UN resolution in March 2014, there has been strongly condemned the annexation of Crimea.
– This is a litmus issue for every Ukrainian citizen and the politics of the world, which he must answer: Crimea or Ukrainian “Crimea is ours”, as claimed by the Russians (and not all)? Ukraine conflict civil war or the fact of Russian aggression? Thousands of victims among soldiers and the civilian population are the result of aggression or the civil war? If your answer is “the Russian Crimea, in Ukraine civil war”, it is a hybrid war, some of the information that Russia was trying to spread in the world and was defeated. We all know about this, ranging from accusations of funding terrorism and ending the violation of human rights, a violation of the Convention on racial discrimination.
– I believe that this question is not only political and security but also purely legal. Including the process that is happening today is of great importance not only for Ukraine. This was one of the important factors on why I decided to take part in it.
– I do not know about the decision to lie about the termination of powers of the President. I don’t know about it and not informed. I like the people’s Deputy of Ukraine he took part in the voting of the relevant resolution lie. There it was stated: in connection with the disengagement of President Yanukovych to impose the duties of the President the head of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov. If you are asking about termination of powers of President Yanukovych – not that I know of.
Videoparty this year’s “humanitarian convoy” from Russia are waiting for the militants in the Donbas
Bandits controlled media reported that nearly 300 tons of cargo, the Russian curators will deliver on the occupied territory tomorrow. This, they say, are food, medicine, and the mysterious so-called “trust goods”. These convoys are illegal.
24 Jan, 12:35
– The basis for the assignment of duties of President to the head of BP was the absence of the President and the loss of the country’s leadership in the beginning of the Russian aggression in Crimea. In my opinion, there was enough reason to press the button “for”.
The resolution did not stop the powers of Yanukovych. My motivation for voting for the resolution was that he disappeared no communication with him, no one knows where he is or Simferopol, or Anapa, or in Rostov, and this time against our country carried out aggression. From the people’s deputies and the Verkhovna Rada that would be negligence and irresponsibility if we do not react to the challenges that appeared before us at the time. Do not create the impression that someone is avoiding your questions (to the defence – ed.). They simply do not address.
– I am not a signatory to this agreement (between Yanukovych and the opposition to resolve the political crisis under the guarantee of representatives of several European countries on 21 February 2014 – ed.). I was not present during its signing. Its meaning became known to me after the publication of the agreement.
– I can’t help but respond to your statement when you claim that the reason for the takeover of Crimea illegal annexation was the opinion of Crimeans (after Yanukovych’s flight from the country – ed.). Go back again to the explicit definitions of events which are recognized by the world and denied only by the Russian Federation. I am sure that today no one doubts the illegality of aggression, annexation of Crimea, aggression in the East. The reason is just an attempt as an element of a hybrid war with Russia to ensure a campaign that whitens the aggression of the Russian Federation.
Saw a bug — Ctrl+Enter
Letter to the editor
Leave your comment
Leave your comment