Lutsenko promised to open the case of the coup at the request of Yanukovych
Prosecutor General Yury Lutsenko has promised that the statement deprived the title of President Viktor Yanukovych of committing coup d’etat in Ukraine will open criminal proceedings.
It is reported by Interfax.
“We will certainly consider. Register under current law criminal proceedings on the coup that will give the appropriate division of the General Prosecutor’s office, examine and make the law an informed decision. Moreover, I will do everything that it happened without my control,” he said.
Lutsenko said that as soon as you come into the workplace will give the order to his first Deputy Dmitry Storozhuk “to take all necessary steps to register the case and further investigation”.
The lawyer of fugitive Yanukovych will give the court his renunciation of the protection
Recall, July 6, the lawyers of Viktor Yanukovych, Vitaliy Serdyuk and Igor Fedorenko announced their withdrawal from the trial in the Obolon district court of Kyiv. The defenders of the fugitive stressed that July 6 will not participate in the hearing because Yanukovych wrote a statement that waives their services.
As previously reported, Obolon court of Kyiv allowed the special court proceedings in the case of Viktor Yanukovych. This resolution provided for the absence of Yanukovych, who would have to go with the court on the Skype connection. In absentia proceedings, the prosecutors insisted.
In November 2016, the Prosecutor General Yuri Lutsenko announced the suspicion of treason Viktor Yanukovych in the premises of Sviatoshynsky court, being in direct contact with the Rostov court, where the President is a fugitive. Yanukovych is accused of committing treason, aiding the authorities of the Russian Federation, intentional acts committed for the purpose of modifying the boundaries of the territory and the state border of Ukraine.
Videoshowcase Yanukovych recorded a video message to Ukrainian prosecutors